If you engage workers or contractors deemed to be workers and you pay, or expect to pay, more than the current threshold limit per year in rateable remuneration (as defined in the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013), or if you engage apprentices or trainees, you must register for WorkSafe insurance.
There are differences between wages for payroll tax purposes and remuneration for WorkSafe insurance purposes.