The online world can be daunting but there are heaps of apps and add-ons which can make your marketing and business processes much more simple. Here are 5 Top FREE apps we use to make our online life easier and much more enjoyable.
Greenshot is a light-weight screenshot software tool for Windows with the following key features;
* Quickly create screenshots of a selected region, window or fullscreen; you can even capture complete (scrolling) web pages from Internet Explorer.
* Easily annotate, highlight or obfuscate parts of the screenshot.
* Export the screenshot in various ways: save to file, send to printer, copy to clipboard, attach to e-mail, send Office programs or upload to photo sites like Flickr or Canva, and others.
* Very easy to configure and use.
Get it now http://getgreenshot.org
Canva provides an incredibly simple platform to create professional-looking graphic design elements in minutes. The key features of free forever Canva include;
* Thousands of pre-made templates for social media platforms, Blogs, documents, marketing materials, ads, certificates, events and many more. You can even use your own custom dimensions if you want to be super creative. Canva’s drag-and-drop feature and layouts to design, share and print your completed designs.
* Thousands of images including photos and illustrations or you can upload your own images.
* 1GB storage for images and assets.
* Add in up to 10 team members for collaborative works.
* Different font arrangements along with standard fonts
* Ability to set a brand colour
Of course you can access more features by either upgrading to a work plan or purchasing individual premium elements such as photos for $1. You may not even need to pay for images if you source your own from websites such as Unsplash.
Get it now https://www.canva.com/
Getting bogged down with hundreds of unnecessary emails that take you hours to clean out each morning? Slack is designed to help eliminate emails from your organisation, to clear up the clutter in your inbox.
So what exactly is Slack? It’s a messenger/chat app, but it’s so much more than that. Teams can have their own chat boards for project work, you can deliver news and updates organisation-wide, direct message people about lunch dates, and link or upload files or images. It’s particularly useful if you have team members who work out of the office or who are frequently travelling.
It is a great place to share your how to videos so staff can see how tasks can be done, such as changing your email signature or using Loom.
Another free one with the option to upgrade to a premium plan with advanced features.
Get it now http://slack.com/
Loom enables you to create quick videos that can be shared with your clients or on social media. You can use Loom to send client updates or help onboard customers. They’re particularly good if you want to provide advisory services to cutomers who can’t meet face-to-face. Loom can be used to create social media content to share and produce instructional videos for your staff and customers. There is the option to record screen and camera or each separately with or without audio. Nice simple interface which is easy to use and sits nicely on your toolbar in Google Chrome.
Get it now https://www.useloom.com
Airtable is a spreadsheet-database hybrid, with the features of a database but applied to a spreadsheet. The fields in an Airtable table are similar to cells in a spreadsheet, but have types such as ‘checkbox’, ‘phone number’, and ‘drop-down list’, and can reference file attachments like images.
Users can create a database, set up column types, add records, link tables to one another, collaborate, sort records and publish views to external websites.
Get it now https://airtable.com