A couple of days ago, Angela Tirabassi from our office took the oath office at the local Magistrates’ Court for a community service role that she has volunteered for.
It was quite an involved process with a formal application and attending mandatory training sessions.
The training covers legal responsibilities, procedures, and ethics.
She also underwent a criminal history check and other necessary background checks to ensure she met the requirements for appointment.
As a consequence, Angela can now perform various important duties, which may include:
- Witnessing Documents: witness signatures on legal documents, contracts, affidavits, and statutory declarations to verify their authenticity.
- Certifying Copies: certify true copies of original documents, such as passports, academic certificates, and other important papers.
- Taking Statutory Declarations: administer statutory declarations, which are written statements made under oath or affirmation that are required for various legal and official purposes.
- Witnessing Affidavits: They can witness and certify affidavits, which are formal written statements used as evidence in legal proceedings.
- Other Functions: Depending on the jurisdiction and local laws, perform additional functions related to legal and community services.
We are very proud of her taking this opportunity to volunteer and help our community in this important role.
Have a great day!
Read more of our daily blogs for valuable insights and stay up-to-date with the latest industry news – click here to access the full article on our blog page.