We all want to be able to maximise the time we are at our business to achieve greater success.
Over the 34 years that I have been in business, I have learnt through experience, observing high performance entrepreneurs and achievers and have come up with 10 strategies that work for me.
Here are 10 strategies that help me boost my productivity:
- Set clear goals and priorities. What do you want to achieve? Once you know your goals, you can prioritise your tasks and focus on the most important ones.
- Plan your day. Take some time each day to plan out what you need to do. This will help you stay on track and avoid wasting time.
- Break down large tasks into smaller ones. This will make them seem less daunting and more manageable.
- Eliminate distractions. Turn off your phone, close your email, and find a quiet place to work.
- Take breaks. Get up and move around every 20-30 minutes to avoid burnout – my watch notifies me to stretch and get up.
- Delegate tasks. If you can, delegate tasks to others so that you can focus on the most important things.
- Take care of yourself. Get enough sleep, eat healthy foods, and exercise regularly – early morning gym sessions work best for me. When you’re taking care of yourself, you’ll have more energy and focus to be productive.
- Be persistent. Don’t give up when things get tough. Keep working towards your goals and you will eventually achieve them.
- Use a to-do list. Similar to point 2, but this will help you keep track of what you need to do and when you need to do it by.
- Use a timer. This can help you stay focused on a task for a set amount of time – I get an alert at 8:30pm to start getting ready for bed so I can get up early for the gym!
These are just a few of the strategies that productive people use. Experiment with different strategies and find what works best for you.
Here are some additional tips that may help you become more productive:
- Reward yourself. When you complete a task, give yourself a small reward to help you stay motivated.
- Learn to say no. Don’t be afraid to say no to requests that will take away from your time and energy.
- Take time for yourself. Make sure you take some time each day to relax and recharge.
Following these strategies has helped me achieve the things I want out of life and can help you become more productive and achieve your goals too.
Have a great day!
Read more of our daily blogs for valuable insights and stay up-to-date with the latest industry news – click here to access the full article on our blog page.