The list of tasks you need to get done before Christmas can become more than a little unwieldy. It is easy to feel a little lost and overwhelmed. Here are some ideas to help you kick-start your Christmas promotions.
- Develop a social media video greeting card. There are a myriad of ways you can have fun with a video that you can share with your social media followers. You can use these across your social media accounts and even add it into an email for your valued customers.
- Be Charitable. 34% of charitable giving happens during the holidays. Help bump those numbers up by highlighting a charity in your social posts. Share details of why your business has chosen to work with the charity, stats relating to the cause, and consider running a match campaign for those who donate to the charity. Here at Ceebeks Business Solutions for GOOD #wearefoodsharers as we support the local Warrnambool & District Foodshare Annual Christmas Hamper appeal. We are seeking the donation of Christmas goodies to help make food hampers a little bit more special for those less fortunate in our Community at Christmas time.
- Give your social banners a little cheer. Get into the festive spirit by adding a little Christmas flair to your Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn banners. You can even get festive with your profile picture as well. Don’t forget to spruce up your email signature as well.
- Show how your team is celebrating in the office. This is where Instagram stories can be a lot of fun. Quick snaps of decorating, Team members in the spirit, lights around the office, etc.
- Be grateful and hopeful. Find ways to share positive messages about what you’ve learned in the year, or how you are going to change in the year ahead.
- Get festive with stock photos. There are plenty of free stock images around if you know where to look. Unsplash is one of my favourites for high quality images covering almost every topic you can think of. Hubspot also has collections of 250 photos you can use covering Christmas, Hanukkah and New Years. Pixabay is another great free resource that has not only photos but also illustrations, vector graphics and videos. There are also services such as Shutterstock which offer fantastic images but they do charge you for using them commercially.
- If you are finding MsPaint isn’t quite as stylish as you would like, try out Canva. It’s free and gives your images a stylish finish without you needing to be a graphic designer. Want to go a step further and try out some video?
- Be international. If you have team members from different nationalities, show how different people in different countries celebrate their holiday traditions. Be thoughtful and diverse. It’s not all about Christmas, or even Hanukkah.
- Give away something useful. An e-Book, a new content feature, open up a new community or find ways to surprise and delight your most socially engaged customers.
Joyeux Noël! Frohe Weihnachten! Buon Natale! Feliz Navidad! Nollaig Shona Dhuit! Merii Kurisumasu! Eftihismena Christougenna! S̄uk̄hs̄ạnt̒ wạn khris̄t̒mās̄! Zalig Kerstfeest! Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas!