The Art of Delegation

  1. Home
  2. /
  3. Featured
  4. /
  5. The Art of Delegation
The Art of Delegation

Many business owners suffer from the ‘only I can syndrome’ i.e., they believe that no one else is capable of doing the tasks as well as they can.

And guess what?

They are probably right!

But too many business owners lose their health, efficiency, ability to develop new ideas and productivity because they refuse to delegate.

Over the past 40 years, a consistent frustration I hear from business owners is that they wish they had more time to get stuff done. And believe me, I understand for as a perfectionist I really struggled to let go of important tasks in my early days.

I quickly found that for me to become super productive, the solution was to delegate work to the right people. I would get them to complete the task to at least 80% of what I would consider acceptable and then review that task with them, finesse and fine-tune the remaining 20%.

The old Pareto analysis or 80/20 rule.

Effective delegation is a skill that we can learn and benefit from provided you have a continual improvement mindset and are willing to put in the time to develop it.

Here are 5 things I have learned about the art of delegation:

 

Click here to read more …

Read more of our daily blogs in our Chasing the Dream Facebook Community

Share This

Related Posts

investing in small business development
Featured
4 Min Read

Investing in Business Development

Business development is a crucial aspect of any organisation, big or small. It involves identifying and pursuing new opportunities for growth, as well as cultivating relationships with customers, partners, and other stakeholders. A strong focus on…
Read Full Article
Featured
4 Min Read

On the 25th Day of Christmas …

Merry Christmas, Chasers! I hope that you enjoy this special day with your loved ones, celebrating one of life’s greatest but simple pleasures – time with each other. Have an amazingly great day!   Read more…
Read Full Article