Earlier this year I celebrated my 40th anniversary of being an accountant.
Over this journey, I know that trust is essential for closing deals and when potential customers trust you, they’re more likely to buy from you.
Trust is the key to closing more deals and therefore should be the main objective in your marketing and online presence.
So how can you build trust with your potential customers?
Here’s what we have learnt over the years:
- Create valuable and educational content. Your website should be more than just a glorified business brochure. It should be a resource that potential customers can turn to for information and advice. Write blog posts, create videos, and develop industry-specific checklists and other free resources. This will help you position yourself as an authority in your industry and build trust with potential customers.
- Focus on nurturing, not selling. It’s important to remember that only 3% of potential customers are ready to buy at any given moment. So don’t focus too much on selling on your website. Instead, focus on nurturing your leads and building relationships with them. Offer free quotes, discovery sessions, or on-site inspections. This will give you a chance to learn more about your potential customers and show them that you’re interested in helping them solve their problems.
- Make it easy for potential customers to contact you. Include clear calls to action throughout your website, telling potential customers what you want them to do next. This could be something like signing up for your email list, scheduling a consultation, or downloading a free resource. Make sure it’s easy for potential customers to get in touch with you so you can continue building relationships with them.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be well on your way to building trust with your potential customers and closing more deals.
Here are some other things you need to do to build trust with your potential customers:
- Be transparent and honest – show them the price upfront and remove the fine detail print.
- Be responsive to their inquiries – consider a within the day policy.
- Deliver on your promises – under promise and over deliver.
- Go the extra mile to help them – make your customers go WOW!
- Ask for and listen to their feedback – use this to improve and get better.
- Be genuine and authentic – just be real and be yourself!
Start with your website, what do you see?
Is it more like a glorified business brochure that promotes you and your business?
Does it provide any current information that is considered valuable to your ideal customers?
Is it stunning, modern and fresh?
Building trust takes time and effort, but it’s worth it. When potential customers trust you, they’re more likely to buy from you and become loyal customers.
If you would like to discuss optimising your online presence in more detail, please contact our Team on 55612643.
Have a great day!
Read more of our daily blogs for valuable insights and stay up-to-date with the latest industry news – click here to access the full article on our blog page.