Marketing is the oil that keeps your business operating smoothly.
There is so much to do running a business that there doesn’t seem to be much time left for marketing, however, this is one of (if not the most important) strategies for growing your business and staying relevant in the eyes of your existing and potential customers.
Consider these points for why we should spend time doing content marketing:
- It will dramatically help new people find your business (people that would of otherwise never
known about you)
- It makes you stand out & become the expert in your field
- It personalises your business = rapport = SALES! (Think what Elon Musk is to Tesla)
- It helps you stay connected with leads & customers
- If done right, content will be shared = NEW LEADS!
- It gives you a massive lift in search engine rankings
- It adds strategic value to your business (Particularly if you consider its Exit value!)
Still not convinced?
Well, here are some facts to ponder:
- 61% of consumers say they feel better about a company that delivers custom content –
Marketing Tech Blog
- 7 in 10 consumers prefer to learn about a company through articles, not ads – Marketing
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful – TMG Custom Media
- 78% of consumers believe that organisations providing custom content want to build good
relationships – TMG Custom Media
- 68% of consumers spend time reading content from a brand they are interested in – The
- Social media and blogs account for 23% of all time spent online – Content Marketing
- Interesting content is a top 3 reason people follow brands on social media – Content+
There are so many different ways to do content marketing and you can find a particular style or mix of styles that suits your business such as:
- Reasons Why
- How to Article (5-7 points)
- Biggest Mistakes
- Story with Lesson
- Crazy Rant
- Case Study with Point
- A New Discovery
- Customers Questions Answered
- Why Not/Never To
- My Future Predictions
- Expert that Got it Wrong
A good place to start is to identify what the ‘keywords’ your ideal customers are using to search when on the internet, especially if it is a huge issue or problem for them e.g., emergency plumbing repairs.
The most important thing is to actually get started on producing some content marketing and keep at it as you will find your groove, style and ideal format.
If you would like help with getting started contact our Team on 55612643.
Have a great day!
Read more of our daily blogs for valuable insights and stay up-to-date with the latest industry news – click here to access the full article on our blog page.